LAUNCH YOUR NURSING CAREER IN TASMANIA THIS AUGUST
Since 2014, the Australian Healthcare Academy’s WorkReady Support Program has helped hundreds of nurses gain the fundamental skills and knowledge needed to gain employment and start working safely and confidently. The WorkReady Support Program is a unique professional development program that will support you as you enter or re-enter the workforce as a Registered or Enrolled Nurse.
The Program has been designed to build your confidence and competence, fill in any gaps that you might have, provide you with recent acute care clinical experience (where you get to practice as a registered/enrolled nurse and start accumulating recency of practice hours), 2 clinical references and ongoing job support and advice. Whether you are a new graduate nurse, an international nurse, or a nurse with a gap in practice, this program will help you meet your goals and get your nursing career on track!
We are very excited to announce that this program will now be offered in Tasmania! In partnership with Healthscope, the Australian Healthcare Academy will be running our first ever Tasmania program starting on August 30 at Hobart Private Hospital.
What the does the course involve?
The WorkReady Support Program runs over 5 short weeks and includes a 5-day workshop led by one of our experienced nurse educators, followed by a 3-week clinical placement at Hobart Private Hospital. Prior to attending the workshop, participants are required to complete mandatory online learning modules. Throughout the clinical placement, nurses will be supported and guided, as they increase their confidence practicing as independent healthcare providers, all while being introduced to a potential employer.
At the end of the program, you will attend a workshop on Job Seeking. This workshop will teach you how to prepare your job application, practice interview skills and review your CV and Cover Letter. We will also provide you with ongoing employment advice and support.
CPD Hours: 35
Recency of Practice Hours: 120
What are the Program Learning Objectives?
- Practice safely and confidently as a Registered/Enrolled Nurse in a hospital setting
- Perform all aspects of the registered nursing role with a focus on planning, implementing, and evaluating person centred care
- Confidently and competently perform fundamental nursing skills including admissions, discharges, A-G assessment, medication administration, catheterisation care, BGL assessment and management, completing ECGs, wound care, drain care, infection prevention and hand hygiene, pain management, blood product administration
- Develop and demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills to nurse initiate interventions that support the patient’s wellbeing (within scope)
- Demonstrate effective communication skills including clinical handover and documentation
- Demonstrate increased knowledge and confidence in identification of and escalation of the deteriorating patient
- Create, implement, and manage a shift plan to demonstrate skills prioritisation and delegation
- Demonstrate and promote effective infection control procedures
Who should Apply?
The WorkReady Support Program is open to all nurses that hold AHPRA registration, with no conditions or notations. This program is suitable for those wanting to kickstart their career and offers a great for alternative pathway for new graduate nurses who were unsuccessful in obtaining a new graduate program. The program is also perfect for International Nurses who are struggling to find employment in Australia or nurses who trained in Australia but have a gap in practice or are wanting to return to the acute care sector.
If you are a nurse with AHPRA Conditions on your Registration due to deferred registration, check out our Conditional Nurse Support Program.
If you have conditions placed on your registration due to a failure to meet recency of practice requirements, a placement at Hobart Private Hospital is possible – contact us on 1300 953 276 to find out more.
Why should I apply
• Build highly specialised knowledge, experience and clinical skills in a supportive environment without the pressure of being counted in the daily staffing numbers
• Develop the skills, knowledge and experience needed to enter or re-enter the workforce
• Meet AHPRA Recency of Practice and Continuing Professional Development requirements
• Gain fantastic perioperative clinical experience with a leading Healthscope Hospital
• Gain recent clinical references that can be used to help secure your dream job
• Obtain real experience with real employment opportunities
What resources will I need / be provided?
• All Australian Healthcare Academy training sites have classrooms, nursing labs and the equipment/consumables needed to practice key nursing skills and meet program objectives.
• Learning Guides, Textbooks, 7-day Workshop, Workshop Consumables, Placement Fees, Insurance, Scrubs and an ID Badge are provided.
• Participants will need access to a computer, internet, and email to complete program requirements.
Why Australian Healthcare Academy?
Our organisation’s purpose is to make a positive difference. Run by nurses for nurses, AHA practical programs aim to develop participant’s ability to think critically, problem solve and provide care that is of the highest quality. To do this we design programs that are industry relevant and target the knowledge and skills you need to practice competently and confidently. At AHA we are 100% committed to supporting you through your learning journey. To do this we provide help where you need it - E.g., more time in the nursing lab, developing study skills, competency and assessment support or through the development of a learning and assessment plan that is tailored to meet your individual needs. If you have a special need outside our area of expertise, we will discuss what support/services, we can offer, and if we can’t help, we will refer you to another organisation who can.
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation - no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, Healthscope is committed to fostering the growth and development of both the Registered & Enrolled nurse across our 42 hospitals. We strive to empower our people to learn and grow with us, providing substantial opportunities for career progression within a nurturing and flexible environment. Healthscope has partnered with the Australian Healthcare Academy on this WorkReady Support Program to do just that, developing participants to be work ready!
Healthscope can provide you with the platform to springboard your career to the next level.
Come and be the difference in our patients' lives.
Ready to Enrol?
Once you are ready to get the ball rolling, CLICK HERE or give us a call on 1300 953 276 to complete your online enrolment form.
If you are looking for a course in another State, please check out the General WorkReady Support Program Page.