Introduction to Critical Care Nursing Course
Learning Outcomes/Course Outline
Australian Healthcare Academy's Introduction to ICU Nursing Course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to begin caring for this complex group of patients. Participants will leave with an increase in understanding, knowledge, and skills that pertain directly to working as an Intensive Care Nurse.
CPD: 155 hours
Duration of Course and Eligibility
Australian Healthcare Academy's Introduction to ICU Nursing Course is offered to any Registered Nurse who is looking to begin work or is interested in working as an Intensive Care Nurse. It is offered over five days in our training facility followed by a three week placement within a private hospital.
Assessment will be carried out through a multiple choice and short answer exam. Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end.
This course will take a look at the following:
- Introduction to the ICU Environment and common policies
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Oxygenation- delivery, consumption, and gas exchange
- Principles of invasive mechanical ventilation and non invasive respiratory support
- Fluids, electrolytes, and nutrition support therapy
- Common ICU medications including vasopressors, sedation, and pain management
- Advanced haemodynamic management
- Management of: Sepsis, ARDS, DIC, Acute Kidney Injury, Acute Brain Injury, a
- Basic 12 lead ECG interpretation, the treatment of arrythmias, defibrillation and pacing
- End of life care including brain stem death and organ donation
- Transfer of the critically ill patient
Dates and Pricing
Please contact us for further information on dates and pricing.